Page 1 of 1
We will explore the ethos and objectives of the 2014 maths curriculum and the progression within place value and number, including fractions. Throughout the day there will be practical opportunities to use a range of manipulatives to develop conceptual understanding and activities for deeper, rich mathematical tasks. We will also develop participants’ understanding of Variation Theory to enable them to design carefully crafted lessons.
This course will…
· explore ‘mastery’ and ‘mastery with greater depth’ in the Year 4 curriculum
· explore a range of manipulatives to support learning and teaching
· consider progression within number through a range of activities
· consider opportunities to develop deeper mathematical understanding
· improve teachers’ subject knowledge and pedagogy
incorporate ‘Intelligent Practice’ and ‘Variation Theory’, both perceptual and systematic.
COURSE OUTLINE AND PURPOSE:
This training will equip busy school staff with a working knowledge of DCD and help staff feel confident in identifying children with DCD. A significant part of the training session will focus on reviewing practical classroom-based strategies to support these children.Essential Information